Applications Open Thursday For Canada’s New One-Time-Only Permanent Residence Pathways
1) Before applying, and in January 2017 at the earliest, complete a course of study at one of the following Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs):
- Public post-secondary facility, e.g. B. a college, business / technical school, university or in Quebec CEGEP.
- Canadian private entity that provincial law allows provincial degrees, but only if the degree program completed was a provincial-approved degree that may not include all courses offered.
- Private post-secondary school in Quebec that operates by the same rules and regulations as public institutions in Quebec.
- Private or public post-secondary institution in Quebec that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or more leading to a Diploma of Professional Studies (DVS) or Certificate of Professional Specialization (AVS).
2) Have one of the following ID cards from an authorized institution:
- Degree (associate, bachelor, master or doctorate) from a program of at least 8 months.
- Degree, diploma, diploma or certificate of completion of a course of any duration that leads to a craft activity (see list below).
- One or more diplomas / certificates / certificates for which the following conditions are met:
- In the case of diplomas / certificates / certificates, each course must last at least 8 months and a total duration of at least 16 months.
- For DVS and AVS, each program must last at least 900 hours and the combined programs must last at least 1,800 hours.
- When combining an AVS with a DVS, the length of the AVS can be less than 900 hours if the combined length is at least 1,800 hours.
- Each combined proof of eligibility must meet the requirements defined in 1).
3) Be employed in Canada with valid status at the time of application.
4) Language skills of at least Benchmark 5 in English or French in each of the four language disciplines according to the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens.
5) Live in Canada with valid temporary status and be physically present at the time of application.
6) Intending to live outside of Quebec.
Authorized trades for section 2) b) of the certificates
NOC code occupation
7201 Construction and supervisory personnel, machining, forming, forming and assembly trades and related professions
7202 Construction and supervisory staff, electrical trades and telecommunications professions
7203 construction and supervisory personnel, pipeline construction trade
7204 construction and supervisory staff, carpentry
7205 building contractors and supervisors, other building trades, plumbers, repair companies and service technicians
7231 Machinists and machining and tool inspectors
7232 Tool and mold maker
7233 sheet metal worker
7234 boiler manufacturer
7235 Metal and panel builders and fitters
7237 welders and associated machine operators
7241 electrician (except industrial and power grid)
7242 industrial electricians
7243 network electrician
7244 power line and cable workers
7245 Telecommunication Line and Cable Workers
7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
7247 Cable television service and maintenance technician
7252 Steam, Pipe, and Sprinkler Installers
7253 gas fitters
7282 concrete paver
7284 plasterers, drywall and finishers and foamers
7291 Roofers and Schindlers
7294 painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
7295 flooring installer
7301 Construction and supervisor, mechanic trade
7302 Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Equipment Operators
7303 Supervisors, printing and related professions
7304 supervisors rail transport
7305 supervisory authorities, road transport companies and other transport companies
7311 Tree mill builder and industrial mechanic
7312 Heavy Equipment Mechanic
7313 Heating, cooling and air conditioning mechanics
7314 Railway Carmen / women
7315 aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
7318 Elevator builders and mechanics
7321 car service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical workshops
7322 car body shops
7331 Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics
7332 Device service and repair
7334 Motorcycle, SUV, and other related mechanics
7335 Other repair shops for small engines and small appliances
7361 railway and court locomotive driver
7362 conductors and brakemen
7371 crane operator
7372 Drills and Blasters – Open Pit, Quarries, and Construction
7373 well drill
7381 press operator
7384 Other trades and related professions.
8211 Overseers, Logging and Forestry
8221 Overseers, Mining and Quarries
8222 Contractors and Regulators, Oil and Gas Wells and Services
8231 underground production and development miners
8232 Oil and Gas Drills, Servicers, Testers, and Allied Workers
8241 machine operator for lumberjacks
8252 Agricultural service providers, farm managers and skilled workers in animal husbandry
8255 Construction, supervisory, landscaping, property maintenance, and horticultural services
8261 master fishermen and officers
8262 fishermen / women
9211 supervisors, mineral and metal processing
9212 Regulators, Petroleum, Gas, and Chemical Processing, and Utilities
9213 Supervisors, Food and Beverage Processing
9214 supervisors, manufacture of plastic and rubber products
9215 supervisors, processing of forest products
9217 supervisors, processing and manufacturing of textile, cloth, fur and leather products
9221 supervisors, car assembly
9222 Supervisors, electronics manufacturing
9223 supervisors, manufacture of electrical products
9224 Overseer, furniture and furnishings construction
9226 supervisors, other mechanical and metalworking products
9227 supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
9231 Central control and process operator, mineral and metal processing
9232 Central control and process operators, petroleum, gas and chemical processing
9235 Pulp, papermaking and coating control operator
9241 energy technician and network operator
9243 operators of water and waste treatment plants
6331 Butchers, butchers and fishmongers – retail and wholesale