Why Should You Care About Blue-Green Algae? — the argus student newspaper
1. Harke MJ, Steffen MM, Gobler CJ, Otten TG, Wilhelm SW, Wood SA, et al. A review of the global ecology, genomics, and biogeography of the toxic cyanobacterium, Microcystis spp. Harmful Algae [Internet]. 2016 Apr 1;54(Complete):4-20. Available from: http://resolver.scholarsportal.info.ezproxy.lakeheadu.ca/resolve/15689883/v54icomplete/4_arotgeottcms.xml
2. Thunder Bay District Health Unit. Blue-Green Algae Historical Results [Internet]. Thunder Bay District Health Unit; updated 2021 Sept 12. Available from: https://www.tbdhu.com/health-topics/beaches-pools/blue-green-algae/blue-green-algae-historical-results
3. Johnson, B. Hot summer causes algae blooms to become more common on Lake Superior [Internet]. 2021 Sept 19 [cited 2022 Mar 9]; StarTribune. Available from: https://www.startribune.com/hot-summer-causes-algae-blooms-to-become-more-common-on-lake-superior/600098874/?refresh=true
4.Ontario.ca. Blue green algae [Internet]. [cited 2022 Mar 6]. Available from: https://www.ontario.ca/page/blue-green-algae
5. Harris N, Harvey KV, Gordon SC, Alderman P, Esposito D, Reif JS & Adam M Schaefer AM Algal Bloom–Related Illness: Improving Health Outcomes in Primary Care. J Nurse practices [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2022 Mar 5]; 16(9):679-682. Available from https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2020.06.019.
6. Xu S, Yi X, Liu W, Zhang C, Massey I, Yang F et al. A Review of Nephrotoxicity of Microcystins. toxins. 2020;12(11):693.
7. Labine MA, Minuk GY. Cyanobacterial toxins and liver disease. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;87(10):773-788.
8. Government of Canada. Public Health Agency of Canada [Internet]. Canada.approx. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/corporate/mandate/about-agency.html
9. Sini P, Dang T, Fais M, Galioto M, Padedda B, Lugliè A et al. Cyanobacteria, Cyanotoxins, and Neurodegenerative Diseases: Dangerous Liaisons. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2021;22(16).
10. CBC News Thunder Bay. Blue-green algae confirmed in Thunder Bay-area lake, province says [Internet]. CBC News. 2019 [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/blue-green-algae-hawkeye-lake-1.5259316
11. CBC News Thunder Bay. Lakehead University researcher wants to know why blue-green algae popping up in area lakes [Internet]. CBC News. 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/thunder-bay-blue-green-algae-1.6144824
12. Wiśniewska K, Lewandowska A, Śliwińska-Wilczewska S. The importance of cyanobacteria and microalgae present in aerosols to human health and the environment – Review study. Environment International. 2019;131:104964.
13. Chakdar H, Jadhav S, Dhar D, Pabbi S. Potential applications of blue green algae. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research. 2012;71:13-20.
14. Bhooshan N, Pabbi S, Singh A, Sharma A, Chetan, Jaiswal A et al. Impact of blue green algae (BGA) technology: an empirical evidence from northwestern Indo-Gangetic Plains. 3 Biotech. 2018;8(8).
15. Ku C, Yang Y, Park Y, Lee J. Health Benefits of Blue-Green Algae: Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2013;16(2):103-111
16. Windsor-Essex County Health Unit. Blue Green Algae Bloom [Internet]. [cited 6 Mar 2022]. Available from:https://www.wechu.org/drinking-water-small-drinking-water-systems-beaches-pools-and-spas/blue-green-algae-bloom#:~:text=DO%20NOT% 20BOIL%20THE%20WATER%20DURING%20A%20BLUE%2DGREEN%20ALGAE%20BLOOM!&text=Boiling%20or%20treating%20the%20water,water%20source%20must%20be%20used
17. Nutrient Management on Farms [Internet]. Ontario.approx. 2014 [cited 2022 Mar 9]. Available from: https://www.ontario.ca/page/nutrient-management-farms
18. TBNewsWatch. Blue-green Algae found at Two More Thunder Bay-Area Lakes [Internet]. TBNewsWatch.com. 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 9]. Available from: https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/blue-green-algae-found-at-two-more-thunder-bay-area-lakes-4547886
Comments are closed.